Parchment paper is the best way to keep the air fryer clean but lots of people ask the question Can you put parchment paper in an air fryer? Or Can You Put Foil In An Air Fryer?
As we all know that air fryer is a healthy alternative to deep-frying your favorite foods. It’s easy to use and cook healthy food within a minute.
The air fryer uses electric radiation to cook the food, and hot air circulates around the food and cooks that well. But cleaning the air fryer is not an easy task.
Today, we will cover all the questions and after reading this article you can decide whether it is worth it to you or not? Let’s get started:
Can You Put Parchment Paper in an Air Fryer?
Bakery paper is optional for your air fryer but I must say it is a very useful accessory. The main purpose of using this paper is easy to clean up the air fryer.
Make sure that before using parchment paper you should cut that to fit in the basket of the air fryer. Always place the food on the top of the paper to avoid the sticking in the air fryer.
You don’t need to use this paper for every kind of food, this should be used for certain foods. One bonus tip for safe use: your food should be heavy enough to keep the bakery paper in one place. Otherwise, it can create a risk of fire.
Also Read: How to Make Instant Iced Coffee Without Blender in 5 Minutes
How to Use Parchment Paper in the Air Fryer
You should always place the bakery paper in the basket and cut it enough that can easily place in the basket of the air fryer. But you must follow these steps in order to avoid any fire:
- You have noticed that in the market there are multiple air fryer manufacturing companies, so the first thing is you must read the user manual. This will help you to understand the part of the air fryer better.
- Try to use pierced paper in the basket of the air fryer these hold will help the air circulation in the machine.
- Never ever preheat your air fryer while using parchment paper because it has a powerful fan that cooks the food with air circulation. As we know parchment paper is lightweight and can catch the fire easily (if it flies around in the air fryer).
- Always use food on the baking paper.
- Always use good-quality parchment paper because low-quality paper can catch up the fire easily.
Why Should We Use Parchment Paper in the Air Fryer?
The use of baking paper is not compulsory in the air fryer. But you may think about using this for the following below given reasons:
- Less Messy: This makes the cleaning bit easier when using in the air fryer after cooking. It helps to catch almost all the oil from the food (some drop because of the holes) and not make things messy.
- Most of the air fryer is non-sticky but still some food stick because of the wear & tear. Using baking paper can avoid sticking.
- Baking paper can stand to the temperature of the air fryer.
- When you do not use parchment paper in the air fryer basket, you have to strongly scrub in order to clean the machine. But you need light scrubbing if you use this baking paper.
Is It Safe to Use Parchment Paper in an Oven
This first question you might have in your mind; is it safe to use parchment paper in the oven? Can parchment paper catch the fire?
I would say it is safe and not safe, means below the temperature of 450 degrees F silicone paper is safe. But if the temperature is higher than that it might start burning the edges of the paper.
Avoid putting the baking paper near the side of the oven or heating element to prevent fire. Using baking parchment is good for easy cleaning. You can reheat your pizza in the microwave oven.
Can You Put Regular Baking Paper in an Air Fryer
Yes, you can put regular parchment paper in the air fryer but I always recommend you to use high-quality parchment paper. The maximum temperature for most the air fryers is 400 degrees F.
And the good news is baking paper is safe at a temperature of 425 degrees F. But make sure that baking paper does not fly around because it can catch up with the fire in the air fryer.
Always put the food on the parchment paper to weigh it down. Never use parchment paper in the pre-heat air fryer because it can catch up the fire. For safety purposes, you must read the user manual.
Also Read: How to Make Turkish Coffee With and Without Cezve
Air Fryer Parchment Paper vs Parchment Paper
Using baking paper in the air fryer gives you many benefits but the question is which parchment paper we need to use. First, let me tell you the difference between air fryer parchment paper and regular parchment paper.
Air fryer baking paper comes with perforated holes and other regular baking paper does not come with perforated holes. The reason for perforated holes is better air circulation in the air fryer.
And, if you use air fryer bakery paper then your food will crispier and juicy. On the other hand, you can make your own regular parchment paper to air fryer parchment paper.
You will need to cut the normal baking paper in basket size and use a small hole puncher to make the holes then place it in the basket of the air fryer and use it.
Also Read: 5 Best Microwave Ovens Under $50 (Cheap)
How to Use Air Fryer Liners
It’s very simple to use liner into the air fryer, you just need to open your air fryer and put the disposal of the liners into the basket and after that add your favorite food.
They are designed to use in the air fryer only and also they are single-time use. Liners come with holes that allow air circulation to cook the food.
You can spray a little oil as you want, once you’re done with cooking take your food aside and throw the liner into the dustbin. Always keep in mind that parchment paper and air fryer liner can stand up to 450 degrees F.
Do not use liner in the pre-heating air fryer because it can cause a fire.